Saturday, September 28, 2013

Thumbs up to Oscar Wao

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao surprisingly turned out to be a great story. I found myself reading this book during my leisure time this summer. I think what made it so enjoyable was the author's, Junot Diaz's writing style. The way the narrator spoke to the audience was very intimate and most of the time was in slang. Even in the footnotes where the narrator wanted to give us a little background information about the Dominican Republic his tone was very sarcastic. The narrator's tone and way of speaking to the audience added humor to the story. Even when Diaz added Dominican Spanish terms I was able to figure out what it meant. I plan on reading Diaz's other novel, Drown next because I was very impressed by this one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment